Office Renovations: I think it’s time for another update of the office renovations. There’s a lot left to do and we’re also still busy making decisions and planning. It may not look like anything is happening from the outside, but the inside is a completely different story. Hopefully in the next week or two the outside will start showing some improvement as the windows and exterior finish is installed.
Prior to last week we finalized some decisions and started with ordering supplies.
- desk suites are ordered
- interior doors are ordered
- exterior windows are ordered
- flooring is all finalized and ordered
- lights and fans are ordered
- all the interior framing is finished
We made some major decisions last week. We spent a day in Winnipeg picking up supplies and stopped in at two of our sub-trades to finalize some details.
- Wiebes Accounting signs are ordered (via Lasting Impressions)
- metal is ordered for the outside of the building (via Pine Ridge Construction)
- countertops were finalized and ordered as well as stain colours for the doors and all the trim (via Kevin’s Woodworking)
- stone for the front of the building is ordered and arrangements are made with the brick layer (Richard Wutzke)
- base cabinets were purchased for the countertops (via IKEA)
- we picked up all the Central Vac parts
- the building is supposed to get insulated sometime this week
- drywall will be hung next week (D. Wiebe Construction Ltd.)
- the electrical work is finished (Ferguson Electrical)
- central vac pipes have all been installed (the boss did this)
- Netties Expressions display wall has been figured out
- We are meeting with a gentleman to discuss a security system for our office
Here is a short list of decisions in the making and work left to do. There are a lot of fine details left to figure out, but we’re slowly getting there.
- paint colors are being finalized
- breakroom cabinetry is being figured out
- phone system is being figured out
- central vac system needs to be installed
- network cables are ready to run
- bathroom fixtures are being finalized
- window coverings needs to be finalized
We have also bumped up our move in day to the end of August instead of August 15th. We’re still hoping for around the 15th, but it doesn’t look likely as of now. We’ll keep you updated as we go along.