Eligible adoption expenses you can claim are:
- fees paid to an adoption agency licensed by a provincial or territorial government;
- court costs and legal and administrative expenses related to an adoption order for the child;
- reasonable and necessary travel and living expenses of the child and the adoptive parents;
- document translation fees;
- mandatory fees paid to a foreign institution;
- mandatory expenses paid for the child’s immigration; and
- any other reasonable expenses related to the adoption required by a provincial or territorial government or an adoption agency licensed by a provincial or territorial government.